10.18.2008

To be known

We have an innate desire to be known and God can only fulfill that desire. I realized this for the first time a few weeks back while on the phone with my best friend who lives in Dallas. I was and still am tired of the "about me" conversation. In fact, one of the things I hate most about online social networks and blogging is the "about me" section. I don't mean to say that I refuse to tell anyone about myself. I am just tired of telling my story over and over again. It would be really nice if I could just stand up and tell everyone once and for all, why I have moved all the way from Dallas to Muncie.

I have life long friends back in Dallas. Friends that know me, who need no explanation and can even sit in silence with me and not feel uncomfortable. Words are precious to me and I do not like to waste them. I do not wish to be heard for my many words or talk just to hear my own voice. I speak with a purpose.  Now that I’m in Muncie, I am realizing that God is the one who knows me.  I think I had to move away from home to see that, and now that I see it; I just want to roll around in it. 

God is the lover of my soul and I find peace and rest in that. Even to the point of feeling invaded when a girl enters the scene. This is a new concept for me to grasp but feel that I am learning quickly. I will only let down my guard when I know that she is my collaborator in Christ, and that God is also the lover of her soul.

It is good to be known by the Almighty God!

No comments: